I have fallen way behind on this item. Mostly because I don't feel that I can count books like Goodnight Moon and Hop on Pop towards my total. I've joined a new book club (in addition to my new mommy group), so I've finally finished an adult book. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson is not the kind of book that I usually read, but I loved it. I had a hard time putting it down, and it has caused me to not take advantage of the sleep I should have been getting for the past few days.
I was concerned when the woman at the bookstore told me that you had to get through 100 pages before it was any good, and how annoying the Swedish street names and such were. I did not agree with her at all, and I was pretty hooked from the beginning. I would definitely recommend this book to someone who likes to read. (I know too many people who just aren't into books, and I doubt that they would stick this one out.)
And I know that I've fallen way behind on this list, and I haven't been ignoring it. I've just been a little busier than normal. I am also hoping to get back into the swing of some of these items, and get back to updating here more.
I'm so glad you liked it! The whole series is great. Of course, I borrowed the second one and read the third on the Kindle, so I can't get you those to check out, but very worth it.
ReplyDelete