Friday, November 26, 2010

# 14

14. Bake a pie for each Thanksgiving (2/3)

This year, I was planning on making all the desserts for dinner at my mom's house, but I started to not feel well during the week, and wasn't able to get it done. I might have been able to push through had I not known that my mom anticipated Peter making me too busy and bought a bunch of pies anyway. Those pies were not dairy and soy free, so I did make my self get through one pie, which also helped me to get closer to finishing this item (one more year to go). I made an apple pie, with palm shortening instead of soy (and no butter). I thought that it came out pretty well, and was thrilled that I had a dessert to eat for a change. Everyone else said that it was very good, but they might have just been being polite...

No pictures of the actual baking this year, my kitchen was a mess, so I didn't take any. We only have the final product after it was delivered to "the dessert room", which also doubled as the "trying to get babies to nap at the noisy party room".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails