Thursday, June 23, 2011

# 84

84. Read 2 new books a month (15/68)

An Acceptable Time is the last book in Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quintet, which I just discovered wasn't a quartet (and since the book was published in 1989, I'm not sure why I didn't know about it earlier). Since I loved the first four books so much, and have re-read them more times than I can count, I wanted to read this one too. While I did like it, and obviously read it quickly, I didn't like it nearly as much as the first four books. I think that had to do with the fact that the main characters from the other books were not in this one, and there were only a few passing references to some of them. There were also a lot of references that I did not get, and I am guessing they were to books I haven't read.

But this was the last of the library books that I had taken out. Now to find something to read on the Kindle!

1 comment:

  1. You have a Kindle? I can lend you the Girl Who Played With Fire (or the third book if it's the Hornet's Nest....now I can't remember). I got it last summer on the Kindle. You're welcome to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails