Wednesday, December 12, 2012

August 2012 Update

Wow, looking back at the calendar, it appears that I did not do all that much in August. I had no new recipes, and I fell behind on the meal planning and vegetarian meals (it appears, honestly I don't remember off hand it's been so long). I know that I also was working out a bit, but not as much as I wanted because of my morning sickness, so I have no idea how to update that item.

84. Read 2 new books a month (8/66)

While I've been reading a bunch of different books with projects and stuff for Peter, the only books I actually finished in August was The Host by Stephenie Meyer The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory. I did find The Host very interesting, even though it wasn't the best book that I've read. I'm not sure how well it will translate into a movie, but I guess we'll see. I enjoyed The Kingmaker's Daughter much more, but I almost wish that I had reread The White Queen since the two books cover basically the same period from different points of view. There were a few references which I couldn't quite remember how it played out in The White Queen, and I feel it would have made the book even better if I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails