Wednesday, August 11, 2010

# 19 and # 20

19. Use the crockpot for dinner sixty times (4/60)
20. Try at least two new recipes a month (7/68)

I finally have gotten back into these two items. I always associate the slow cooker with winter, but it was recently brought to my attention that it is great for making dinner in the summer, as it doesn't make the entire apartment ridiculously hot. For my first attempt at a summer dish, I made Mediterranean Chicken Breast and Wild Rice. I thought that it was just okay. That might have something to do with the fact that I don't like sundried tomatoes or capers (note to self, don't make meals where I don't like half the ingredients), but Geoff thought that it was just okay as well.

Bottom line is that I'll make it again, but I won't make it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails