84. Read 2 new books a month (4/68)
Baby Bargains by Denise and Alan Fields. I will admit that this wasn't the type of book that I really meant when I set up this item, but read it I did so onto the list it goes. I found it very helpful, and I fully understand why it is one of the most recommended books on the baby boards that I sometimes frequent. The reviews are very well thought out and explain things in a way that someone who really has never had to deal with these issues before will be able to understand. I also loved the fact that it isn't influenced by advertiser dollars and that they use the reviews of their readers to help update the book (it is now in it's 8th edition, which is the one that I have). I am thrilled that my hours of research on many of the larger items was not disputed by the reviews in this book, and I wish that I had read it much earlier and saved myself some of the time and confusion. I am also glad because it pointed me in directions for some items that I never would have thought of before. Overall, I would definitely suggest this book to anyone who is expecting a baby, it is well worth reading.
Coming up next, What to Expect the First Year, probably followed by some other baby book. Do you sense a theme here?
No comments:
Post a Comment